Hello, and welcome to my Writers and Design Portfolio. Along with my novels, and short stories I have produced and written a number of gaming related articles for the Games Workshop White Dwarf Hobby magazines. I’ve also had work published on the Games Workshop website, in their gaming products and in the independent Undefeated Gaming Magazine.
A Collection of Work
Featured below is a collection of my work, it’s far from complete, and I will be adding to it over time as I locate articles from White Dwarf and other publications.
All page design, content and photographs were produced by myself from a product brief with the stakeholder, and then placed into standard layouts or worked up from a blank templates. Included below are examples of my writing and design style.
Published in White Dwarf and Undefeated Magazines.
- What is Warhammer 40,000
- Warhammer 40,000 – Devastators
- Warhammer 40,000 – Making the Dark Eldar
- Warhammer 40,000 – 48 hours
- Warhammer 40,000 – Vehicle Rules Feature Vehicle
- Warhammer 40,000 – Arena of Death
- Undefeated Magazine – For the Greater Good
- Warhammer Fantasy – Collecting Lizardmen
- Warhammer Fantasy – Collecting Night Goblins
- Lord of the Rings – In a Flash Battle Report
Written to advertise or promote a new product or event featured in White Dwarf Magazine.
- Warhammer 40,000 – Black Scourge
- Warhammer 40,000 – Space Marine Strike Force
- Warhammer 40,000 – Talos
- Battlefleet Gothic – Game Ad
- Warhammer Fantasy – Lizardmen
- General – Citadel Scenery
- General – Games Workshop Website
How to Guides and inspiration experience advertorial.
- Warhammer 40,000 – Building a Space Hulk
- General – Making Trees
- Warhammer Fantasy – Lizardmen Scenery Part One
- Warhammer Fantasy – Lizardmen Scenery Part Two
- Warhammer Fantasy – Lizardmen Scenery Part Three
- Warhammer Fantasy – Castles of the Warhammer World
- Lord of the Rings – Siegeworks
- Lord of the Rings – All at Sea
Game Background articles used to expand on the Games Workshop universes featured in White Dwarf Magazine.
How to painting guides featured in White Dwarf Magazine.
- Lord of the Rings – Dark & Light Rohan & Uruks
- Lord of the Rings – Dark & Light High Elves & Goblins
House Rules Guidelines bringing a new angle to the Games Workshop universes featured in White Dwarf Magazine.
Legal Disclaimer. The pages published above are intended only as portfolio and as proof of ability and not as a challenge to the copyright holders.
Over Twenty Years of Experience
I have more than two decades of experience in writing to build brands and content creation about gaming, specifically working with Games Workshop, their line of Citadel Miniatures and tabletop combat games.
I have over thirty years experience in content creation, management and design. I am able to provide and manage engaging content for multiple audiences and subjects. Including sportswear, construction equipment, mission critical power systems and governmental policy
Grow and Develop a Customer Experience
A major part of my work was to help develop, grow and nurture customer bases, this was done using building brand authority, from how two articles to industry news. For example, for Games workshop, you talk about the hobby experience via writing and producing content about the product, the customers and how you can enter the hobby.
I believe strongly in teamwork with strong interpersonal skills, proven work ethic, and long experience within the gaming, toy and publishing industries, with a proven track record of increasing product awareness.
Available for Contract Work
I am available for freelance article and magazine writing for advertorial, rules, feature, support or hobby-based article writing. If you are interested in hiring me for any writing assignments or events please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss the project.
What my Peers say…
‘Nick Davis has a knack of being able to write in such a way he draws you in,
he tells it as it should be in layman terms.’
Paul Sawyer – Editor UK White Dwarf
‘I believe Nick Davis is one the best toy soldier hobby writers I’ve seen,
a gamer who writes for gamers.‘
Drew Will – Editor US White Dwarf
‘A creative and imaginative writer who pulls you into his articles.’
Jeremy Vetock – Studio Manager
US Games Workshop Design Studio
‘He taught me to write from my own perspective and experience.‘
Ross Watson – US Games Workshop Design Studio Editor
‘Very rarely do you find someone who can involve you in the passion of gaming in his writing.‘
John Stallard – US GW CEO
‘He can write an article out of nothing, and suddenly the smallest detail like building a wall becomes important. As find yourself saying, “It’s really that easy? I can do that…”‘
Adrian Wood – Games Workshop Hobby Writer