We are a month away from finishing our crazy 2015 race around the sun and I am finishing the year with the publication of the Cuddly Defenders Comic: Out Of The Attic 2. Not a bad finish for an Indie Creator with limited funds and resources… And now with 2016 not to far what will this new year bring?
Publishing wise 2015 has been a good year, so I think I can do much more in 2016, but before I announce those crazy plans let’s see what I managed in.
The (Mostly) Published Alt World Books Of 2015
- Cuddly Defenders Comic: Out Of The Attic 1
- Cuddly Defenders Comic: Out Of The Attic 2
- Hero Ted Web Comic
- Reissuing and reformatting The Wonder Tales Vol One & Two (edited, series unifying covers)
- Reissuing and reformatting Tristan the Teddy Bear Goes To the Moon (new covers, reformatted for print and kindle)
- Reformatting Fabula Zero, Teddy Bear Tales and Cuddly Defender: Friends in a Kindle friendly format
Plus I’ve opened a new publishing channel by getting the Out Of The Attic comics up on Comixolgy and made a significant push onto the Kindle with reformatting my more distinct works like the Wonder Tales and Fabula. I’m pretty happy with my publishing achievements this year.
The Alt World Publishing Wish List For 2016
- Cuddly Defenders Comic: Out Of the Attic 3
- Cuddly Defenders Comic: Out Of The Attic 4
- Cuddly Defenders Graphic Novel: Out Of The Attic
- Cuddly Defenders Graphic Novel: Big Time Heroes (starring Forrest & Scout)
- Adventures Of Hero Ted Comic Book
- The Cuddly Ninjas Short Book
- Mr Button The Teddy Bear One-Shot Comic
- Imagination Adventure Web Comic: Tristan the Teddy Bear Goes Under The Sea
- Teddy Bear Tales Christmas Book: Herby The Snowman (and the strange snow day)
- The Wonder Tales Vol Three (The Princess Archer Saga continues)
Quite a list, eh? Along with this schedule I have other plans such as developing the Searchers and trying to push my properties out into other media. Plus I have a couple of super-secret squirrel projects which I cannot reveal yet.
Yes it is… it is a daunting list for a medium size operation and I frankly would be embarrassed to call myself even small, maybe minnow. After all most of the time it is just me, my broken laptop and never quite enough hours in the day.
However, the target is attainable and I will tell you why.
We are already halfway there with the Out Of The Attic mini-series. I plan to complete the last two books through 2016; which will feed the Cuddly Defender Graphic Novel and the Forrest & Scout book.
The Adventures Of Hero Ted is currently running as a web comic on the Teddy Bear Tales, which when I finish the current story , I will start the Cuddly Ninja shorts which will be collected with Hero Ted into a 24 page comic book; ticking that box off.
See, we are five books, (six projects,) down already…
The Teddy Bear Tales Christmas Book: Herby The Snowman is half-written and I will be tapping Keir Knikia Lyles to do the art throughout 2016 on it. The plan is to get one or two pages completed a month with a target of Winter 2016 release.
I plan to develop Mr Button the same piece meal way with an eye to a Fall 2016 release. I’ve not tapped an artist yet, I know who I would like to draw it I just have to figure out how to make it happen.
So… Seven books down, (eight projects lined up like ducks.)
This leaves the Imagination Adventure which will be Tristan Going Under The Sea to either save Sea Horses or round-up Jelly Fish to save them from the Jelly Monster (no plot just rough notes). I plan to tackle this like the last imagination adventure Tristan The Teddy Bear Goes To The Moon as a weekly web comic, with the aim to collect into a book.
And to finish off The Wonder Tales Vol Three are fun stories to write, which now I’ve got myself back into the saddle of these stories and found a great new look for the series, I hope to kick the next book out by Spring 2016, (fingers crossed.)
All doable, and all able to fill that hour or two of spare time I get in the evening with nothing better to do than watch TV… So let’s be productive! You never get anything done unless you start doing.
How Can I Help?
If you want to help then support your local Indie Creator, we are all very busy people trying to bring you the best and original stories that we can. Check out my work in the Alt World Shop.
Thank y’all for listening.